Thursday, May 10, 2007

Black Wednesday!


Amazing! My preference for pink has finally ended, well, at least for a few days!...and with a bow to the extremes of life I have gone BLACK! My newest little girl is soooo black, the only bits of white on her are some checks in her ribbon and her google eyes...So I guess you could say she is colourless! So, is black really not a colour? ....ahem....according to the Wikipedia it sure ain't! Here's the lowdown on the black colour debate...

"Scientifically black is not a hue (color); a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them, this is sometimes confused with black being called 'a mixture of all colors' but that is not the case. Sometimes black is described as an "achromatic color"; in practice black can be considered a color, e.g., the black cat or black paint."

hmmmm....so that clears it up...NOT! So, it's not a colour scientifically but practically it is...okay, I get it, SORTA!! Anyhoodle, Black, colour or not looks FAB on a bear!!

I guess you are thinking her name sounds suspiciously familiar to! Yeppers, you guessed it! I had the Addams Family squarely on my mind as I felted her in this oh so jet black wool (see, no reference to it being a colour...I'm learning...)...and besides I felted and finished her on a Wednesday so it seemed appropriate...=o) I just love the Addams Family and their quirkiness....The Munsters were funny to bu the Addams' had the edge for me!

Anyhoodle, if you'd like to visit Wednesday at her Auction, all ya goddadoo is click here...Hope she gives you a giGGle!

Toodles!

PS...Kit, my Cat in the Cup is on his way to the wonderful UK! I'm so glad he found such a kitty loving home!!

No comments: